RULES FOR CONTESTS, REWARDS, PRIZES AND GIVEAWAYS
All references to Blogbellion is always used as an abbreviation of Blogbellion, LLC, which is duly registered and licensed in New York State as a domestic Limited Liability Company. Further references also include “we”, “us”, “our” and other such plural pronouns.
PLEASE REVIEW THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE ENTERING A CONTEST OR SEEKING A PRIZE, REWARD OR GIVEAWAY. ENTRY INTO ANY CONTEST IS FREE AND ELIGIBILITY FOR PRIZES, REWARDS OR GIVEAWAYS REQUIRES YOU TO BE AT LEAST THIRTEEN (13) YEARS OLD.
Blogbellion is the principal sponsor of all contests, prizes, rewards, and giveaways on its site and through its social media, as well as in its literature. Most of these prizes, rewards and giveaways will be offered to Blogbellion by its sponsoring partners (local stores that freely offer their products and services to Blogbellion so that Blogbellion may give them away to its readers).
Official Rules for Contests, Prizes, Rewards, and Giveaways
- No purchase necessary. Contests may require your skills, but not your Prizes and rewards are randomly given. Some prizes and rewards are only offered to those who have signed up to Blogbellion’s email. Anyone can sign up for the email, either on the main Blogbellion website or on Blogbellion’s social media, such as facebook.com/blogbellion.
- Void where prohibited.
To enter a contest, you must agree to these Official Rules (the “Rules”). Therefore, please read the following rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in a contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the contest, and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in the Rules, unless you agree to these Official Rules. These Official Rules form a binding legal agreement between you, Blogbellion and the Sponsoring stores with respect to the Contest, prizes, rewards and giveaways.
For prizes, rewards and giveaways, please adhere to this document and, additionally, to the terms printed in the Terms of Service as found on every page of blogbellion.com.
If a prize, reward or giveaway does not reflect that of a contest, then the following rules and conditions only apply to contests and not to the first three in this paragraph.
- No money is required to enter.
- Contestant must be an adult with a minimum age of 18. Proof will be required to collect on all contest prizes.
- Writing Contests will offer monetary prize and/or a job offer (gig).
- All submissions must be in English.
- Page length and format will be explicitly stated per contest.
- Announcement date of winners will be clearly stated for each and every contest. However, we reserve the right to extend the stated date for any reason. Notice of extension shall be clearly communicated on our site and through our other media channels.
Judging Criteria for Writing Contests
The staff of Blogbellion will judge the submissions. All decisions are final and cannot be contested, even if it is discovered that Blogbellion made a mistake. In the latter case, Blogbellion will do what it can to “make things right,” but, again, it has no duty to do so.
How To Enter
- Rules will be posted per event on how to enter. Notification of contests will be done through Blogbellion’s site, social media, affiliates, and other outlets.
- For monetary or job offer contests, the minimum age to enter is 18 years old.
- For prizes, rewards and giveaways, the entrant must be at least 13 years old, which must be proved by parent or guardian.
- The person uploading or submitting the Entry will be deemed the entrant (“Entrant”). The Entrant is the one person who owns the email address associated with the Submission, except that an email address in the name of the parent or legal guardian of the otherwise eligible minor entering the submission will be permitted and the minor will be deemed the Entrant. If any group elects to collaborate on a Submission, they are required to designate one person as the Entrant who will be the agent of the group to enter the Contest, agree to the rules, and accept the prize(s). Blogbellion, its affiliates, the Sponsor, its program partners, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest are not responsible for any disputes among collaborators related to the Contest.
- Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Entry that infringes upon any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or confidentiality obligations, or otherwise violates applicable U.S. Entries violating this section of the rules may be disqualified.
- Each Entrant is limited to a total of five (5) submissions. Each Entrant is limited to one prize per person, household, and/or email address. Each Entrant will be required to sign a release and affidavit for the Contest entry and must agree to abide by these rules.
- Each Submission must be the original work of the Entrant. It may not have been entered in previous contests or for previous awards. It may not have been published in any medium.
- Each Submission must not contain any copyrighted works other than those of the entrant. Use of unauthorized copyrighted works may result in disqualification of the Submission.
- Blogbellion reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove or blur any non-material elements rather than disqualify an otherwise compliant Submission. Blogbellion may elect to make these changes or ask the Entrant to do so. If Blogbellion requests Entrant make these adjustments and Entrant chooses not to make these adjustments, the Submission is subject to disqualification.
- By entering, each Entrant hereby releases and holds harmless Blogbellion, Sponsor, its program partners, and each of their affiliates, and any others involved in the development and/or execution of this Contest, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and employees of the same from any and all claims, demands, losses, promises, causes of action, and liabilities arising out of this Contest including travel.
- Submissions that do not comply in all material respects with the Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content in Blogbellion’s sole discretion will be disqualified, not published, and/or not considered for prizes.
- By submitting an Entry, each Entrant agrees Blogbellion shall unconditionally and irrevocably own the Entry submitted including all rights embodied therein in winning entries and that Blogbellion and its designees may use, publish, adapt, modify, combine, or dispose of any Entry or Submission or elements there of any Entry or Submission online, in print, film, television, or any other media now or hereafter without additional compensation or notification to, or permission from, the Entrant, except as prohibited by by law.
- Blogbellion and Contest Sponsor are not responsible for lost, late or misdirected mail; printing errors; server unavailability; or computer or any other electronic or telecommunications malfunction.
- All Submissions received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All Submissions become the property of Blogbellion and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- No staff, officer or owner, affiliate, family member or friend of Blogbellion may enter any contest or receive any prize, reward, or giveaway.
Any false information provided within the context of the contest, prize, reward or giveaway by any participant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Official Rules, or the like, may result in the immediate elimination of the participant from the Contest, prize, reward or giveaway. The Contest Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any entry that it believes in its sole and unfettered discretion infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, otherwise does not comply with these Official Rules, or violates U.S. or applicable state or local law.
- One (1) Entrant Grand Prize Winner (“Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected by a panel of judges chosen by Blogbellion. All decisions of the judges are final and binding.
- The following criteria are what the judges will use to primarily evaluate each Entrant’s submission: Each contest will have its own criteria, though such criteria will largely be the same in terms of quality of writing and degree of creativity.
- One (1) Entrant Grand Prize Winner will be chosen. The Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash prize of $100.00.
- One (1) 1st-place winner will be chosen and will receive a cash prize of $75.00.
- One (1) 2nd-place winner will be chosen and will receive a cash prize of $50.00
- No substitutions for the prize will be allowed. Void where restricted or prohibited.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of Entries received.
- Winners are solely responsible for all taxes and/or fees that may be incurred. All cash winners are required to verify proper and legal picture identification and Social Security number within 30 days of notification of winning the cash prize. Winner may forfeit any and all cash winnings if verification cannot or has not been made within 30 days. Upon proper verification, cash winnings will be awarded by check or by electronic means and mailed to winner’s mailing address within seven (7) business days.
- Blogbellion reserves the absolute right to hold a contest without a cash reward.
- Blogbellion may lower or increase the cash prizes, provided it gives sufficient notice, and it does so prior to the beginning date of the contest.
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or email and must show picture identification to claim their prize. Blogbellion reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
- By participating in the Contest, each participant and the Grand Prize Winner waives any and all claims of liability against Blogbellion and the Contest Sponsor, and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss that may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Contest, or from the use of any prize. All winners may be required to complete a release and affidavit prior to acceptance of any prize.
- By claiming a prize, all winners authorizes the use, without additional compensation, of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including, without limitation, radio broadcasts; newspapers and other publications; television or film releases; slides; videotape; distribution over the Internet; and picture date storage) Blogbellion or the Contest Sponsor may deem appropriate.
- The conduct of the Contest is governed by the applicable laws of the Unites States of America and any applicable state laws, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein. All claims relating in any manner to this Contest or to any Submission must be resolved by arbitration and only the laws of New York may apply.
- Blogbellion and the Contest Sponsor are not liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
- By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Blogbellion personnel. Blogbellion reserves the right to disqualify any participant or winner and may refuse to award any prize to a person who is ineligible or has violated any rule, gained unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtained winner status using fraudulent means. Blogbellion will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and their decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of Blogbellion, Blogbellion reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as Blogbellion deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by Blogbellion and are final. Blogbellion may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
- Blogbellion reserves the right not to award any prizes if none of the entries received meet the stated contest criteria, in Blogbellion’s sole discretion.
- Blogbellion takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any omissions, acts or damages that may result from the preparing of materials to submit to this Contest.
Intellectual Property Rights
- By submitting any entry, entrants thereby grant to Blogbellion and Sponsor and their affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, an irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free right to use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish and otherwise make use of the submitted work (including the video and all aspects and elements thereof) or other information in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose. In addition to other things, the rights granted to Blogbellion and Sponsor include, but are not limited to, the right to resize, crop, censor, compress, edit, feature, caption, affix logos to, and to otherwise alter or make use of the submitted work.
- By submitting an entry, entrants thereby represent and warrant that the submitted work or information does not and shall not infringe on any copyright, any rights of privacy or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party, and the entrants affirm they have the right to grant any and all rights and licenses granted to Blogbellion and/or the contest Sponsor herein, including but not limited to, all necessary rights under copyright, free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- Entrants acknowledge and agree that Blogbellion and the contest Sponsor shall have no obligation to post, display or otherwise make publicly available any work submitted by the entrant, and may, in their sole and unfettered discretion, remove, edit, modify or delete any work that the entrant submits.
Waiver of Liability and Agreement to Indemnify
By submitting any entry, each entrant, its, his, her or their heirs, successors and assigns (“entrant”) thereby releases, forever discharges and covenants not to make a claim against or sue Blogbellion, the Contest, Sponsoring Partners, and their parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, licensees, employees, officers, directors, representatives, successors and assigns (“Blogbellion and Sponsor”), of and from all manner of action or actions, cause or causes of action, at law or in equity, suits, claims, demands, liability, loss, cost or expense, of any nature whatsoever, known or unknown, fixed or contingent, which entrant may have or hereafter have against Blogbellion and Sponsor by reason of any injuries or damages entrant may sustain, whether to entrant’s person, property, reputation, or otherwise, as a result of, incident to, or related in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation or exploitation of the entry for any purpose described herein. Entrant waives and foregoes the right to seek injunctive relief against anyone relating in any way to the entry, the contest, or the use, incorporation, or exploitation of the materials for any purpose described herein. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Bogbellion and Sponsor from and against any liabilities, losses, claims, demands, costs (including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees) and expenses arising in connection with any breach or alleged breach by me of any representation made in the entry or by virtue of submitting the entry.
244 Fifth Ave.,
NY, NY 10001